Information about cookies
The website Casa Redolfi B&B could contain GoogleAdsense ads by Google Inc. All about cookies set by that service (third party cookies) is available on the Google Website.
The website Casa Redolfi B&B is hosted by wordpress.com, Automattic Inc., CA, USA. All the information about cookies (cookies from third-party providers) used by this service is available on the Automattic website. The additional Tool Playbuzz Quiz Plugin uses third-party providers‘ cookies from Playbuzz.com, Tel Aviv, IL.
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the websites to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like.
Similar technologies like web beacon, transparent GIF and local storage introduced by HTML5, are used to collect information about the user’s behaviour and the use of the services.
We use the term “cookie” in this document to describe cookies and all similar technologies.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Due to features and kind-of-use different types of cookies can be distinguished.
- Cookie for analytics and performance: These are cookies to collect and analyse the traffic and kind-of-use of the site in anonymous form. Without identifying the user they make possible to ascertain if the same user gets connected with the site at different times. Furthermore they make possible, to control the system to increase the capability and user friendliness. A deactivation of these cookies can happen without any loss of functionality of the site.
- Profiling cookies for advertising purposes: These are permanent cookies, which identify the user (in anonymous and non anonymous way) to save his preferences and adjust the navigation accordingly. Above mentioned websites don’t use any cookies of this type.
These cookies are set by services of a provider and embedded in websites of other suppliers. If a user visits a site and another unit transmits cookies on this site, they are called third-party cookies. An example therefore are “social plugins” for Facebook, Twitter and Google+. The whole point of this is to make possible or ease sharing contents on the social network platforms. You can find detailed information on the pages of the third-party suppliers. For reasons of transparency we following cite all third-party suppliers, which are connected with our above mentioned sites and use third-party cookies and the links to the corresponding information pages:
- Facebook Informationhttps://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Facebook (Configuration): access to your account and open the privacy section.
- Twitter Informationhttps://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (Configuration)https://twitter.com/settings/security
- Google and Youtube Informationhttp://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Google and Youtube (Configuration) http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/managing/
- CasaRedolfi B&B / WordPress.com Privacy and Cookies Information: https://automattic.com/privacy/
- CasaRedolfi B&B / Playbuzz.com Cookies Information: https://www.playbuzz.com/CookiesPolicy/
COOKIE EXPIRY PERIOD
Specific cookies (session-cookies) are automatically cancelled when closing the browser or logging out. Other cookies “survive” the closing of the browser and are still active at future visits of the user.
These cookies are called durable cookies, their duration is determined at creation. There are cookies with a certain lifetime and unlimited lasting cookies. It cannot be ruled out that due to use of third-party services within our sites permanent cookies are set and modified, which on the part of any third parties are used for purposes of profiling.
The user is able to decide if he accepts or denies cookies, therefore the browser settings have to be configured accordingly. Attention: deactivation of cookies can stop the partly or fully usability of services, which are reserved for registered users. All publicly accessible pages function also with deactivated cookies.
The deactivation of third-party cookies does not limit the navigation on our sites. The settings can be exactly adapted for specific websites or web apps. The modernest browsers allow moreover to make varying settings for cookies of the site and for those of third-party suppliers.
For example, in Firefox it is possible, to access a control panel, where various types of cookies are accepted or denied or even deleted (“Settings > Privacy”).
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/en/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265